[OS X TeX] environment variables

Daniel Culver danielculver at mac.com
Tue Feb 19 17:40:29 CET 2008

Ted,
When using Fink any install will include the necessary packages. If
you've installed a program that uses several image libraries (I don't
recall which) Fink will install the minimal (other here can give more
details) tetex tree in /sw and it will supersede \usr\local etc..
To test try moving the entire /sw directory to the trash. Don't worry
you can drag it right back, unless you forget and empty your trash.
gwTex should now work. In the past I tried several ways to eliminate
the tetex from Fink and still use packages and well the final result
is no /sw on my computer. There are alternatives.
Dan