[OS X TeX] MinionPro Package with LiveTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Feb 18 01:09:53 CET 2008

Am 17.02.2008 um 13:03 schrieb Axel E. Retif:

> I have all my personally installed fonts (and maps) in ~/Library/
> texmf...; I always enable those maps with ``sudo updmap-sys --
> enable Map=<font>.map''; the updmap.cfg changed is in /usr/local/
> texlive/2007/texmf-config/web2c/ and the log file in ~/.texlive2007/
> texmf-var/web2c/, and I didn't have to create that web2c directory
> (which, by the way, only has that updmap.log file): it was created
> in the process.

The reason why I don't advertise this is that other users or accounts
see entries in the MAP files they can't use because the needed
resources are unavailable – for these users.

In my TeX environment TeX searches in ~/.texlive2007 and ~/Library/
texmf. In another user's environment TeX searches in ~/.texlive2007
and ~/Library/texmf. But ~/.texlive2007 is not exactly
~/.texlive2007. The notation ``~/´´ stands in any shell for $HOME,
and my HOME is not some other user's HOME. So the other user's TeX
will never search my HOME, i.e. ~me/.texlive2007 and ~me/Library/
texmf, it will search in ~other/.texlive2007 and ~other/Library/
texmf, and there TeX won't find the resources for the MAP file entries.

The scheme you describe only works on single user systems. Like MS
DOS. Or that half OS. Atari, Amiga, Archimedes ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

When you meet a master swordsman,