[OS X TeX] environment for symbol notation

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at engr.psu.edu
Sun Feb 17 23:13:51 CET 2008

On Feb 15, 2008, at 6:07 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> Take a look at the nomencl package, it may do what you want.

Thanks to all who made suggestions. For the the time being,
\begin{tabular}{lp{\textwidth}} seems the easiest way to go. Though
I've used latex for many years, I did not know about the column
specification p{}...  The nomencl package is too complicated for my
needs. It works like makeindex by automatically compiling a
nomenclature list from tagged keywords in the text. In my case, it is
much easier to create the list of symbols manually.

Themis