[OS X TeX] Voting on feature requests

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Feb 11 23:36:28 CET 2008

Am 11.02.2008 um 22:40 schrieb Chris Goedde:

>> F—A Typeset button that does NOT save at the same time
>
> I don't see how this would ever work,

It was mentioned earlier that the contents in TeXShop's editor window
needs to be saved to disk in some particular encoding before this
contents can be TeX'ed. Even for an unchanged file. It would also
work the GNU Emacs way: what I see and edit is a copy of the TeX file
for pure presentational use. To run TeX on the file no further action
is necessary (except I've made a change). TeXShop could adapt this
behaviour and stop saving an untouched source file – for example to
keep the date it was touched last time.

--
Greetings

   Pete