[OS X TeX] Voting on feature requests

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:11:51 CET 2008

As far as I can see, the following are on the table:

A—Line numbers in the source file window (that the Console refers to)

B—(Extant)

C—Change Command I  from meaning Source > Font > Italic to a keyboard
command for \emph

D— Change Command B from meaning Source > Font > Bold to a keyboard
command for \textbf

E—A way to collapse one or more sections' text

F—A Typeset button that does NOT save at the same time

G—Let the bottom of the source window be standard, with a horizontal
scroll bar

to which I would like to add:

H—The ability to split the output window as well as the source window
(if possible with sync)

I—A button on the source window to open the output window (To bypass
the menu's File > Open for Preview)

Every once in a while, someone comes up with a wish but then after a
bit of discussion involving two or three people, the issue dies with
no one having any idea whether it is generally desirable.

It would of course be for Koch to say, but it seems to me that
knowing "what the people think" might be helpful to him next time he
scratches his head, on a Sunday afternoon, wondering idly what to do
next.

Re. Gray's suggestion

> How about creating an online poll? Google "online polling" and
> there are many free sites that can do this.

and If it is a matter of free site, if I may, I would offer
FreeMathTexts.org; it's the least that I can do.

Regards
--schremmer