[OS X TeX] Problem installing 'xypic' and 'xyling' under Leopard

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Feb 8 21:23:52 CET 2008

Am 08.02.2008 um 20:31 schrieb Eldon Lytle:

>           ./support/install-tds <texmf>

You don't need to supply an argument, I can see that install-tds will
use kpsewhich to determine where to install. So no argument is a
quite good argument.

Besides, I presume that you would need to supply the whole pathname.
In Terminal you should be able to type some part of this pathname
like /usr/loc and then press TAB that this is pathname completed to /
usr/local/ and you would need to start typing texlive as next element
or press once again TAB that a list of possible names is presented
from which you can choose.

The correct place to install xypic would be in the /usr/local/texlive/
texmf-local branch, i.e. outside the year-specific distribution.

--
Greetings

   Pete       (: