[OS X TeX] AMS-TeX, graphics, and TexShop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Feb 8 11:08:10 CET 2008

Le 8 févr. 08 à 04:29, Alan Shuchat a écrit :

> I have many AMS-TeX files (amsppt.sty) created in Textures, am now
> using TeXShop, and would like to use these files without a lot of
> rewriting. I've figured out how to add an AMS-TeX typesetting option
> to TeXShop but don't know how to include the graphics when I
> typeset. I can copy the graphics out of Textures and save them as
> pdf files, but can I use them that way? If so, how? If not, do I
> need to make them eps files -- and how?

Remarks and questions:

- OS X Textures (Textures 2.2) is alive <http://www.bluesky.com/news/220b.html
 >. It doesn't have yet all the functionality of Classic Textures
(Textures 2.1), but is progressing.

- How were you including the graphics? Which macros were you using:
pics, picmacs, boxedeps, epsf? Or were you using \special directly?

- What was the format of the graphics? External files (in PICT or EPSF
format), or pictures pasted in Textures' picture window?

Bruno Voisin