[OS X TeX] Font problem

Erich Neuwirth erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at
Tue Feb 5 21:56:52 CET 2008

I am using MacTex, Skim and TextMate. Previewing is behaving very
erratically. Sometimes the CMR fonts are displayed, and sometmes the
files is dsplayed in Helvetica (or a simlar font). Sometimes it is
even more strange: the text body is displayed in CMR and the headings
are displayed in Helevtica.
Because I rely on eps files for graphics I have to use latex, I cannot
use pdflatex as the primary typestting engine.

What are the configuration options controlling this behavior, and how
can I configure dvips and then ghostscript to always embed the font
outlines in the ps and pdf files so that any display program will
always display the correct fonts?

Erich Neuwirth