[OS X TeX] ps2pdf13 ??

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Feb 5 15:13:23 CET 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 5:55 AM, Josep Maria Font wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When trying to typeset a file with the TeX+Ghostscript method, the
> dvi and ps files are generated and saved, and then I see the
> following message in the console:
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/simpdftex: line
> 538: ps2pdf13: command not found
> ### FAILED to generate /tmp/altpdflatex.1310-1202211669/<myfile>.pdf
>
> I have TexShop 2.14 with a teTeX installation of some time ago. In
> TeXShop's Preferences > Engine, I have "/usr/local/bin" in the
> Distiller section, and "simpdftex latex --maxpfb" as TeX+dvips
> +distiller > LaTeX.
>
> Is there something wrong with my preferences ? Should I re-install
> something ? Any suggestions ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> JMaF

Howdy,

 From the leading /usr/local/teTeX/ I suspect you have an older teTeX
based TeX distribution. If that is true you should really update to
the latest TeX Live 2007 based distribution. You can get the
MacTeX-2007 distribution from <http://www.tug.org/mactex/> or, for
more choices, <http://www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html>.

If, in fact, you've already installed the MacTeX or the TeX Live based
gwTeX distribution you should have a System Preference pane called TeX
Distribution. That preference pane will tell you which, of possibly
multiple, distribution(s) is being used.

If you have a Fink or MacPorts distribution the path variable has been
set in a different way and there are more complications.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)