[OS X TeX] Re: Save date-time, not Print date

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Feb 5 10:39:58 CET 2008

Am 04.02.2008 um 21:41 schrieb Joachim Kock:

> I think Dick explained me many years ago that TeXShop has to save the
> file because of a translation back and forth between unicode and
> something else, which takes place behind the scenes.  I think a
> workaround for this bug would be valuable.

This is quite easy, as in IP (Internet Protocol): above the file
layer there is a presentation layer. This is derived from the file's
contents, i.e. only a working copy, to make the user see what she or
he prefers. This way GNU Emacs is working and lives without re-saving
the file all the time.

--
Greetings

   Pete