[OS X TeX] includegraphics in xelatex and filenames with spaces

Bernhard Barkow bb at creativeeyes.at
Mon Feb 4 23:58:03 CET 2008

On 2008-02-04, at 10:52, Jonathan Kew wrote:

>>> and JPEG files are included, but at a wrong scale (looks like
>>> assuming a 300dpi resolution where the image has only 72; in
>>> draft mode the bounding box is displayed correctly, I'll have to
>>> examine that further).
>
> IIRC, there's an issue in xetex 0.996 (TeX Live release) and the
> accompanying xdvipdfmx, where JPEG files are scaled incorrectly if
> they have EXIF resolution data (e.g., from many modern cameras)
> instead of the older JFIF file format standard. I think this is
> corrected in the latest sources.

Yes, that seems to be the case! The latest sources still show the
problem, however. But it can be easily worked around by removing the
EXIF resolution data, if necessary.
(As a side note, I experienced the strange phenomenon that with my
test image GraphicConverter did not recognize the EXIF data although
exiftool did.)

Bernhard