[OS X TeX] XeTeX - Beamer package font kerning problem

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Feb 3 10:28:07 CET 2008

Dear Horst,

> Dear Axel,
>
> I am sorry, I may have sounded a bit too absolute regarding fourier; I
> meant that it doesn't work in my situation, i.e., with beamer. My
> XeTeX version on is 0.996, so I'm not quite as up-to-date as you are.
> After commenting out the calls to the CMU fonts, the [cm-default]
> option for fontspec took care of everything; I now have no problems
> compiling beamer using xetex provided I use the default fonts.
>
> Using the article class, I never experienced problems with xetex in
> the first place; it allowed me to typeset Chinese and English in one
> document with no font problems whatsoever.

XeTeX is then a blessing for you. If you need Chinese for your Beamer
presentations and you encounter problems, at the risk of sounding
annoying, I will insist on the Beamer mailing list (not to mention
the XeTeX mailing list) ---Prof. Tantau is a really nice person,
always willing to help and improve his packages to everyone needs ---
e.g., pgf/TikZ, which you can use with TeX, LaTeX or ConTeXt, has
compatibility drivers even for Textures, vTeX, tex4ht, etc.

Best,

Axel