[OS X TeX] XeTeX - Beamer package font kerning problem

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Feb 3 08:08:06 CET 2008

On  2 Feb, 2008, at 21:07, Horst Hohberger wrote:

> Dear Axel and Peter,
>
> thanks for your help. Sadly, the fourier package didn't work at all,

It *does* work. The thing is that Beamer is redefining the fonts. Try
your same example but without any reference to Beamer (or frames, of
course), with article class, for example.

Put \usepackage{fourier} before fontspec et al., as Peter Dyballa
said, and comment out the calls to CMU fonts.

How to prevent Beamer from redefining fonts, I don't know, but you
might ask in its users mailing list.

> [...] I tried fourier
> anyway, but only got strange effects (commas became semicolons, minus
> signs vanished and I got a string of font warnings in compilation).

Weird! Even with Beamer I don't get that ---not good kerning in
formulas, yes; but not that. What's your XeTeX version? (Mine is
0.997.) In Terminal

xetex --version

Best,

Axel