[OS X TeX] Date on top of graphic

Richard J Benish rjbenish at teleport.com
Sun Feb 3 01:25:16 CET 2008

I'm continuing to wrestle with the problem of getting a pdf graphic
to be the first page of a document in which lots of text follows the
graphic.

Since I couldn't figure out how to center the graphic using Matthew's method,

\usepackage{pdfpages}
\begin{document}
\includepdf{titlepage} %<-- name of your pdf to be included

I've tried again to get the archived example, suggested by Peter, to
work. I've now got it soooo close.

The remaining problem is that today's date falls right on top of the
graphic in the middle of the page. Also the puzzling numbering
mentioned earlier is back: on the second page at the upper left is
the numeral two, which I suppose is OK, because it's probably the
page number and is correct. But in the bottom left is the numeral
three, which makes no sense to me and I'd like to remove.

Any thoughts on how to eliminate the date and the numeral three?
(Code is pasted below.)

Thanks a bunch.

Richard Benish

\documentclass{book}

\usepackage{geometry}

\usepackage{epstopdf}

\usepackage{mathptmx}

\usepackage{multicol}

\usepackage{pdfpages}

\geometry{landscape}

\geometry{legalpaper,lmargin=.75in,rmargin=.75in,tmargin=.95in,bmargin=.95in}

  \usepackage{eso-pic,graphicx}

\begin{document}

\AddToShipoutPicture*

{\AtPageLowerLeft
{\includegraphics
[height=\paperheight,width=1.0\paperwidth]{SGM-Radial-Fall-Feb-2-08-1.pdf}}}

\maketitle

\setlength{\columnsep}{25pt}

\begin{multicols}{3}

%lots of text