[OS X TeX] Full Page Graphic on First Page?

Paulo Ferreira paf_yahoo at keeh.net
Sat Feb 2 20:00:08 CET 2008

On 2008/02/02, at 16:09, Richard J Benish wrote:

> I'm trying to create a "custom" document (not an article, book, or
> thesis, etc.) whose first page would contain a large graphic. Then a
> lot of text after that.
>
> I've found a template that works for most purposes, but it has a
> blank first page and mysterious consecutive numbers (not the same as
> page number) below the text on each page.
>
> The blank page appears even when the graphic is the first command
> after "begin document."
>
> I assume this is because of the "documentclass," which is "article."
>
> Is there a more appropriate document class or template or customized
> settings I should use to get rid of the first page and the
> mysterious numbers?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Richard Benish

Sugestions:

Is the graphic bigger than the page?

Solutions:

Create a pdf page with the graphic and:

1) Use the pdfpages package  inside the document.
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/pdfpages/

2) Paste  the graphic on the end with pdftk
http://www.pdfhacks.com/pdftk/

pdftk for 10.3 works well for 10.5 (and for 10.4 I presume)

Greetings

Paulo Ferreira