[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.4

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Dec 31 16:59:19 CET 2008

On Dec 31, 2008, at 10:05 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> I looked briefly (since some of hosts I am taking care of are on Tiger
> and one is linux) but I cannot see how achieve some results available
> for command line:

I suspect your look was very brief, based on your questions, but note
that it will never implement all features of the command line interface.

> 1) How to get list of all packages, indicating those which are locally
> installed?

Click the "Manage Packages" tab.  The basic features (with
screenshots) are described on the web page, also.

> 1a) How to list all remote packages which are not installed?

See above, and sort the list by "Status."  Note that it's an outline
view, with disclosure triangles in the leftmost column.

> 1b) How to calculate the number of installed packages?

tlmgr list |grep "^i " |wc -l

Of course this could be added, but why is it useful?

> 2) How to list only collections? schemes? Calculate how many of them?

Use the searchfield to search for collection- or scheme-?  Again, why
do you care about the number of them?

--
Adam