[OS X TeX] texdoc in TeX Live 2008

Duke duke.lists at gmx.com
Tue Dec 30 03:42:38 CET 2008

On 12/29/08 7:50 PM, Thomas Rike wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2008, at 3:55 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Thomas Rike <tricycle222 at att.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> No. -bash: /usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/universal-darwin/texdoc: No
>>> such file
>>> or directory
>>
>> Actually
>>
>> /usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/universal-darwin/texdoc
>>
>> is not a real thing but a symlink to
>>
>> /usr/local/texlive/2008//texmf/scripts/texlive/texdoc.tlu
>>
>> If the latter is present
>
> There is no texdoc.tlu script in
> /usr/local/texlive/2008//texmf/scripts/texlive/
> Are you saying there is no longer a texdoc  binary file in texlive
> 2008, only a symbolic link? Apparently my texlive 2008 is faulty. Is
> /usr/texbin supposed to have texdoc or a symbolic link in it? Perhaps
> one of those tlmgr fiascos removing files when I tried it out early on
> and it got hung up.  Maybe I should reinstall. Would this new TeX Live
> Utility possibly help?

Your Tex system seems to be broken. I am not sure, but TeX Live Utility
might help because Manage package mode can show all packages with those
you do and those you dont have in your system. Then you can try install
them if needed. I just tried Tex Live Utility and it works very smoothly.

In any case, reinstall would not hurt much, if I were you.

D.