[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.2

Duke duke.lists at gmx.com
Tue Dec 30 03:35:05 CET 2008

On 12/28/08 12:06 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
> I've been working on a GUI for tlmgr, and beta testers are welcome to
> give it a try.  A few brave souls have already tried it, so at least
> parts of it are known to work!
>
> Please note the requirements on the home page before download:  Mac OS
> X Leopard (specifically 10.5.5 or later) is required.  Likewise TeX
> Live 2008 (note that it's only been tested with MacTeX).
>
> Project home page:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/mactlmgr/
>
> Bug reports:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/mactlmgr/issues/list

I just installed TeX Live Utility newest version, and tried it.
Everything went just fine. My system is MBP 10.5.6 with MacTex 2008.
Thanks so much for a nice GUI.

One tiny problem when I tried Manage packages mode. When scrolling the
package list, it is like scrolling a HUGE image file - very slow and
retarded scrolling. I know, there are a lot of package to show, but I
did not expect that slow.

Bests,

D.