[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.2

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Dec 28 15:00:51 CET 2008

On Dec 28, 2008, at 5:32 AM, Daniel Becker wrote:

> Am 28.12.2008 um 06:06 schrieb Adam R. Maxwell:
>
>> I've been working on a GUI for tlmgr, and beta testers are welcome
>> to give it a try.  A few brave souls have already tried it, so at
>> least parts of it are known to work!
>
> Hallo - that's really cool.
>
> Updating worked for me. But: If I try via Preferences to change the
> location http://mirror.ctan.org to http://dante.ctan.org (to have
> just one server I am updating against), I get
>
> A nil URL was passed to setLastUpdateURL:; using default http://dante.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008/
>  instead
>
> and TexLiveUtility says that "listing failed".
>
> Daniel

Howdy,

If I go to <http://www.dante.de/mirmon/#us> and click on the
dante.ctan.org link I go to <ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/> so the
preference should be set to

ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive

and the /systems/texlive/tlnet/2008/ will be tacked on by TLU (TeX
Live Utility).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)