[OS X TeX] Definitive font guide, please?

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Tue Dec 23 22:55:45 CET 2008

On Tue 23rd Dec, 2008 at 22:23, Franck Pastor seems to have written:

> The fonts urw-garamond are not installed in TeX Live 2008 (I don't know why),
> and they are necessary here…

Yes. To use that option with mathdesign you need the fonts. They are
not included because the licence forbids commercial distribution which
rules them out for TeX Live.

TL does provide scripts to ease installation of fonts such as these -
which can't be included but are freely available from CTAN. That's the
purpose of getnonfreefonts and getnonfreefonts-sys.

- cfr