[OS X TeX] Definitive font guide, please?

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Tue Dec 23 22:51:58 CET 2008

On Tue 23rd Dec, 2008 at 13:29, David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM...:

> On Dec 23, 2008, at 13:17, cfrees at imapmail.org wrote:
>
>> Which pages on the Wiki did you look at and what couldn't you find? (Or
>> what was confusing/needed more details?)
>

> I'll have to retrace my steps and provide feedback. I'll add this to my list.

Thanks.

>> If you need maths fonts, though, the survey of free maths fonts (linked
>> under Resources and mentioned by others) may be the best place to
>> start.
>

> I believe this led me to the Garamond family associated with mathdesign. From
> that point, my lack of understanding made for a very steep downhill slope! ;)

I've added a short explanation of what's in TeX Live and what's not to
the description of the mathedesign package on the Typefaces page. I've
also included a pointer to the getnonfreefonts scripts for installation
of URW's GaramondNo8.

- cfr