[OS X TeX] Definitive font guide, please?

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 22:26:58 CET 2008

On Dec 23, 2008, at 11:42, Nestor Aguilera wrote:

> I do use regularly the mathdesign package. In my experience (with
> pdflatex), everything except the pfb files for garamond is included
> in texlive.

Sorry, I think I was mistaken. When I look at the fonts directory, I
find

thompson$ ls mdugm
md-gmm7m.pfb    md-gmm8t.pfb    md-gmmma.pfb    md-gmr7y.pfb    md-
gmri8c.pfb
md-gmm7t.pfb    md-gmmi7m.pfb   md-gmmmb.pfb    md-gmr8c.pfb    md-
gmri8t.pfb
md-gmm7v.pfb    md-gmmi7t.pfb   md-gmr7m.pfb    md-gmr8t.pfb    md-
gmrma.pfb
md-gmm7y.pfb    md-gmmi8c.pfb   md-gmr7t.pfb    md-gmri7m.pfb   md-
gmrmb.pfb
md-gmm8c.pfb    md-gmmi8t.pfb   md-gmr7v.pfb    md-gmri7t.pfb

I also checked the maps, running updmaps --list and checking the list...

Map mdbch.map
Map mdput.map
Map mdugm.map

Now I'm confused again. Does this make sense to anyone?

-=d