[OS X TeX] Definitive font guide, please?

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 22:11:51 CET 2008

On Dec 23, 2008, at 11:42, Nestor Aguilera wrote:

> I do use regularly the mathdesign package. In my experience (with
> pdflatex), everything except the pfb files for garamond is included
> in texlive.

Excellent point. I just did some poking around in the directory
structure (yes, I should be working on work-work, but I'm distracted!)
and found that, indeed, the pfb files are not present in the fonts
tree. I'm downloading from CTAN now and will see if I can install them
in my local texmf tree. If not, I'll su and put them in the dist tree.

Maybe this will solve that particular problem.

I'm much farther down the road, thanks to the list.

Many thanks...

-=d