[OS X TeX] Definitive font guide, please?

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 19:56:14 CET 2008

On Dec 23, 2008, at 10:48, Juergen Fenn wrote:

> Now, did you consult the guides I pointed to in my other email?

I have them now, but it will take me a bit of time to digest.

I was working from the suggestions (found somewhere I've forgotten
now) that I use

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[garamond]{mathdesign} or \usepackage[urw-garamond]
{mathdesign}

to get the Garamond text fonts with the Mathdesign math font. This
doesn't work on my system, I get an error complaining about not
finding a font encoding.

I'm willing to invest more effort to learn the process, but this will
have to happen nights and weekends for me. So, I'm trying the quick
fixes now and saving the research for this weekend. :)

I do thank you, however, and will do what's required to learn how to
do this.

-=d