[OS X TeX] Parens Matching

Josep Maria Font jmfont at ub.edu
Wed Dec 17 13:05:33 CET 2008

El 17/12/2008, a las 12:06, George Ghio escribió:

> Very small problem with TeXShop(I hope). Can't seem to get "{}" in
> my documents only half the pair when I hit the "{" key. Is this
> normal for TeXShop even when the "Parens matching" box is ticked in
> Preferences - Document - Editor -Parens Matching?

This is not what "parens matching" does. To obtain what you want, you
must enable "auto completion" in the same place, and edit the file
"autocompletion.plist" in the TeXShop/Keyboard folder, as the one you
want is not there. You can do the same for $ $, [ ], ( ), etc. It
works like a charm. Look for "Auto Completion" in TeXShop's Help panel
(Help menu).

BTW, this is not the same as "Comand Completion" either.