[OS X TeX] BibLaTeX and archival (a la jurabib)

Adam M. Goldstein a.m.goldstein at mac.com
Wed Dec 17 06:36:37 CET 2008

On Dec 16, 2008, at 9:26 PM, G.H. Szylowsky PhD wrote:

> I admit that this is not the world record (175 pages). I found a
> package on TL with an 850 page guide.
>
> Not having a reasonable intro, is a big problem.

Beamer is a good example of lots of documentation, but easy to get
into. The tutorial at the start enables one to start making basic
presentations almost right away. Also the Gratzer book has a nice
chapter on this. But then one can profit from scanning the manual to
learn how to do more complex things.

I suppose memoir is another example, I don't if it's support for the
"short documentation" position or not. A lengthy manual, in depth. The
package is set up so that you can start off using default settings,
and then tweak as you become more proficient and understand book
layout more and more.

> G.H.
>
> On 16-Dec-08, at 5:23 PM, Juergen Fenn wrote:
>

>> G.H. Szylowsky PhD schrieb:
>>
>>> Is there a Short Course?
>>
>> Not really. Dominik Waßenhoven has published a two-part
>> introduction to
>> biblatex in DANTE's DTK journal. It is shorter than the generic
>> manual,
>> but it still takes quite a while to study.
>>
>>> We should be able to learn how to format references in an hour!
>>
>> Well, a few minutes ago I have pleaded for an equivalent to the Apple
>> Human Interface Guidelines for package documentation on a different
>> mailing list. But I doubt that an hour would be enough for this
>> particular purpose as it is not exactly a trivial job to do.
>>
>> Jürgen.

>> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
>> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/list/

> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/list/