[OS X TeX] pdftk on OS X

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Tue Dec 16 09:49:02 CET 2008

Hallo -

coming back to the pdftk issue:

>> http://www.accesspdf.com/article.php/20041130153545577
>>
>> there is an installer for 10.3 that is said to work on 10.4.1.
>

> You can try if it works under 10.5 and write what happened here. The
> problem it is an old thing and does not work with some newer pdf
> formats. Certain tasks could be performed now by gs.

I tried the installer and a few pdftk-command (add Metadata, protect
the pdf against copying, ...) and the abovementioned installer seems
to work on 10.5. It installs pdftk version 1.2 (not the most recent)

The readme says that it installs the following files:

/usr/local/bin/pdftk
/usr/local/gcj/lib/libgcc_s.1.0.dylib
/usr/local/gcj/lib/libgcc_s.dylib
/usr/local/gcj/lib/libgcj.5.0.0.dylib
/usr/local/gcj/lib/libgcj.5.dylib
/usr/local/gcj/lib/libstdc++.6.0.2.dylib
/usr/local/gcj/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib

I will try to install Fink and then (via Fink) the most recent pdftk
and will report back in a new thread how this works....

Thanks for your help

Daniel