[OS X TeX] Lost in Mac space

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 07:35:04 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 11:21 PM, George Ghio <gghi at bordernet.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Victor
>
> Thank you for your detailed response. All the advice seems to come back to
> having a file "texmf"
>
> I have - MacHD/library/tex/root/texmf

This is a symbolic link; let's leave it alone. At near future I put
some description in MacTeX wiki

> and - georgeghio/library/texshop - No texmf.

it is

/Users/georghio/Library

> My understanding is that "home" is "georgeghio". But if I put a texmf file
> in - georgeghio/library - tex does not find it or files in it.

You create directory (folder) texmf there, if you want to put foo.sty
you need to create

/Users/georghio/Library/texmf/tex/latex/

and foo.sty goes there - it must be in TDS (TeX Directory Structure)

> Does this mean that the package needs to be downloaded then opened in texmf
> in my home library to be recognized by tex.
>
> What about packages that are not TDS.

See above

> The ultimate goal is a document where text wraps around graphics. Perhaps I
> am just too blind to see the bleeding obvious/
>
> George L Ghio

This is wrapfig, part of TeXLive 2008, no need to download