[OS X TeX] [pdftk] MacOS Roman -> Western ISO Latin 9

Friedrich Vosberg fvosberg at me.com
Sat Dec 13 21:36:00 CET 2008

Morning.

I've changed the coding of my TeX source files to ISO Latin 9. But
unfortunately now my TeXShop script using pdftk doesn't work anymore.
And I have not a clue of an idea what may cause this fault. The
console reports:

request id is Kellerdrucker-3754 (1 file(s))
/Users/fv/Library/TeXShop/Engines/fvprint2.engine: line 4:  1306
Segmentation fault      pdftk "${basefname}.pdf" background ~/Pictures/
Watermarks/bgabschrift.pdf output printfile.pdf
lp: Error - unable to access "printfile.pdf" - No such file or directory
rm: printfile.pdf: No such file or directory

The engine is:

#!/bin/sh
basefname="`basename "$1" .tex`"
lp -o media=a4 "${basefname}.pdf"
pdftk  "${basefname}.pdf" background ~/Pictures/Watermarks/
bgabschrift.pdf output printfile.pdf
lp -o sides=two-sided-long-edge -o media=a4 printfile.pdf
rm printfile.pdf

Does somebody know, why the workarround failed.

TIA and kind regards, Friedrich

--
»Der schlimmste Feind des Historikers ist der Zeitzeuge.«