[OS X TeX] Lost in Mac space

Christian maillists at gmx.de
Sat Dec 13 07:00:29 CET 2008

Am 13.12.2008 um 06:26 schrieb George Ghio:

> Problems in paradise (paradise being OS10.5)
>
> Updated tlmgr with out a hitch.
>
> Now the problem. If I want to download a package from, say, the ctan
> catalogue, what do I need to put into the terminal to get the package?

It should work with the following:

$ tlmgr --gui update

Further information: http://www.tug.org/texlive/doc/tlmgr.html

> OTOH,  how does one set up a file tree for additional packages (sty.
> files) that can be read by mactex?

You can set up a path for "texmflocal" like:

~/Library/texmf/
	bibtex/bst (for additional style files)
	tex/latex/svn-multy/svn-multy.sty (for the svn-multi package)

Have a lock at TDS on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeX_Directory_Structure
) and the linked documentation.

> Thank you for any help.
>
> George