[OS X TeX] TeXshop quirk

Lantz Susan lantzs at trine.edu
Mon Dec 8 23:49:36 CET 2008

I am running TeXshop 2.18svn on an iBook G4 with Mac OS X 10.4.11. About
the time I updated to this version of TeXshop, the TeXshop icon
disappeared from all my .tex files created with TeXshop. They are
blank, like the .log and .aux files.

All my .tex files were created on this computer, some before and some
after I updated to this version of TeXshop. A few, however, may have
been modified on my computer at work (a nasty Windows machine running
Texmaker 1.7).

When I check the file properties, all the files show TeXshop as the
default application.

Strangely enough, when I have created an alias for .tex file, the alias
has the TeXshop icon. With one exception. That file, I know for certain,
was created last fall, and it has not been anywhere near my computer at
work.

This quirk doesn't affect the way TeXshop runs. It just makes the files
look...plain.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Does anyone know what I can/should do to get my TeXshop files' icon
back? (I have some older files that were created with Textures and for
which I still use Textures, so I'd like to be able to tell at a glance
which program a file uses.)

Susan Lantz

Susan A. Lantz, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Trine University
Angola, IN 46703