[OS X TeX] Getting started with tlmgr

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Dec 5 17:19:42 CET 2008

On Dec 5, 2008, at 10:00 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> I just did that and it seems to be working as advertised now and a
> LONG list of updates is available.
>
> Since my institution (Penn State University) has a mirror, I may
> just point to it, though I am still figuring out how to do that. :-)
>
> Thanks again.
>
> -- Gary

Howdy,

See if you can work your way to

ftp://carroll.aset.psu.edu/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008

in your browser or ftp program. (I'm assuming that is the CTAN server
at Penn State.) If that works try to put that in for the location. I'm
not sure anything but http:// servers work, but it's worth a try.

If it works please let me know.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)