[OS X TeX] Getting started with tlmgr

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 16:16:12 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

>> Can someone guide me on how to recover all my TeX related commands?

The first thing is to avoid panicking.
Remember that tex binaries leave in
/usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/universal-darwin

and /usr/texbin is just a symlink. Can you check

/usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/universal-darwin/pdftex?

Also tlmgr in /usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/universal-darwin is not a real thing
but just symlink  to /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf/scripts/texlive/tlmgr.pl
and the first thing should be if the real things are on you HD

HTH

Victor