[OS X TeX] Getting started with tlmgr

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 03:21:05 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:57 PM, Luis Vitorio Cargnini
<lvcargnini at gmail.com> wrote:

> this:
> bash-3.2$ sudo tlmgr update bin-texlive texlive.infra
> update: bin-texlive (first remove old, then install new)

This what first version of tlmgr did: first remove old, then install new.
However rather often tlmgr does not disappear, disappears just symlink

check:
% which tlmgr

If "command not found"

check

%ls -l /usr/local/texlive/texmf/scripts/texlive/tlmgr.pl

This is a real thing

Look

http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php?title=TeX_Live_Manager#tlmgr_gone_rogue_-_what_to_do

I described some scenarios I experienced here

HTH

Victor