[OS X TeX] tlmgr update problem

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Dec 3 23:23:55 CET 2008

Am 03.12.2008 um 22:30 schrieb Lantz Susan:

> I don't understand why I can't update; I'm the only user on this
> computer, as well as the administrator. (I should add that it has
> been more than fifteen years since I used a Unix computer, and I
> have undoubtedly forgotten more than I ever learnt.)

Then you should know that there are normal mortal users and the super-
user (and more complicated situations). Even a micro company in the
Rocky Mountains sells such a discriminating OS.

Since you are an administrator on your Mac you are allowed to
successfully use the sudo command on the command line that gives the
following command elevated privileges.

--
Greetings

   Pete

When people run around and around in circles we say they are crazy.
When planets do it we say they are orbiting.