[OS X TeX] Grammar checker

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:24:50 CET 2008

On Dec 2, 2008, at 08:11 , Luis Vitorio Cargnini wrote:

> where I found this "Chicago Manual of Style" and the "U.S.
> Government Style Guide for Authors"
> There is something form Cambridge or Oxford ?

I bought my copy of Chicago from half.com (http://www.half.com). I
don't care if it's a bit dated; the fundamentals remain the same.
Amazon will also have a multiple sources, I suspect.

The U.S. Government Style Guide for Authors is something given to me
when I worked for the U.S. Geological Survey. I kept my copy when I
left (which was OK) so I could refer to it when I needed something. I
found this on the 'net: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/stylemanual/
browse.html. It's one of the tools I use. The Style Guide for Authors
is found at: http://www.nwrc.usgs.gov/lib/lib_sta.htm. Neither may be
the definitive source, but both seem workable enough.

-=d