[OS X TeX] Grammar checker

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Tue Dec 2 04:49:56 CET 2008

On Dec 1, 2008, at 9:16 PM, Luis Vitorio Cargnini wrote:

> Anyone knows a grammar checker for LaTeX ?
> this is a weakness in LaTeX editors like texshop.

I would argue that this a strength. From personal experience, MS Word
makes some poor grammatical suggestions. I think the best grammar
check is a combination of a concise style manual, such as The Elements
of Style (for the English language), plenty of time so you can set the
work down for a few days and then take a fresh look, and someone who
you trust to tell you the truth, no matter how painful it may be to
hear it.

I can tell when someone uses MS Word to "correct" his work; "which"
and "that" are used inconsistently, and the flow is unnatural.

--
David Watson • Graduate Student • Medicinal Chemistry • 425 Faser Hall
• University MS  38677 • 1.662.915.1663