[OS X TeX] problem with running project root file

Sheetal Silal Sheetal.Silal at uct.ac.za
Thu Aug 21 23:41:39 CEST 2008

I thought that would be the case. Sad thing is I made changes since my last backup and  it did this to two chapters. Well, gonna have to start the updating! Thanks for all your help!

Sheetal

On 21 aug 2008, at 23:26, Sheetal Silal wrote:

> Thesis is the main file.

The main file seems to be OK (not a lot that can go wrong with that
small amount of code).

> What you see in the Chapter file 'Epidemiology' is what became of my
> chapter that was once full of writing and diagrams.
> That chapter file included the Document settings and all the
> packages and the \begin and \end{document}. At the point when i
> first typesetted the thesis.tex file (main file) I didnt know that
> one wasnt supposed to have the preamble stuff and begin and end
> document bit.  That was when the writing in the chapter
> 'Epidemiology' became what it looks now in the attachment. So I am
> trying to get my chapter with all my writing in it back!

I have bad news for you, I hope you have a backup. It is hard to
reconstruct now, but it is possible to overwrite files in LaTeX. How
it decided to overwrite Epidemiology.tex, I don't know, but that text
is gone.

Maarten