[OS X TeX] GNUPLOT on Mac

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Aug 13 16:35:42 CEST 2008

Am 13.08.2008 um 15:07 schrieb M. Tamer Özsu:

> Undefined symbols:
>   "_rl_forced_update_display", referenced from:
>       _restore_prompt in command.o
>   "_rl_ding", referenced from:
>       _alert in mouse.o
>   "_history_list", referenced from:
>       _write_history_list in history.o
>   "_rl_complete_with_tilde_expansion", referenced from:
>       _rl_complete_with_tilde_expansion$non_lazy_ptr in plot.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found

These function obviously come from libreadline. Obviously it's not
found by ld. You can help ld by adding "-L/path/to/folder" to
environment variable LDFLAGS.

Adding a framework to the application looks a bit suspicious. I am
used to expressions like

	 -Wl,-framework,CoreServices

-Wl tells GCC that the following text is meant for the linkage editor
ld, the next word addresses the kind of data, and then follows the item.

--
Greetings

   Pete

’Twas a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to
thank her for it.
				— W.C. Fields