[OS X TeX] Installing Lucida fonts under home folder

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Aug 12 12:20:26 CEST 2008

According to the last paragraph at the end of <http://www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html
 >, the fix is not needed.

As a confirmation, you can type "echo $PATH" and "echo $MANPATH" in
Terminal. You should get output like:

$ echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin
$ echo $MANPATH
/usr/share/man:/usr/local/share/man:/Library/TeX/
Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/Man:/usr/X11/man

Namely PATH should include /usr/texbin and MANPATH should include /
Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/Man.

More details on the differences between the path setting mechanisms
before and after Leopard at <http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/LeopardTeXFix.rtf
 >.

Personally, I also added in /etc/manpaths.d a file II2 containing the
single line

/usr/local/man

so that the man pages for software installed via i-Installer are also
visible. (I think in the most recent i-Packages Gerben has moved the
installation of man pages to the default Leopard location /usr/local/
share/man, but in the older i-Packages man pages are still placed in /
usr/local/man.)

Bruno Voisin