[OS X TeX] Font problem on printing

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Aug 8 23:56:21 CEST 2008

On Aug 8, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Jung-Tsung Shen wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Thanks very much for the reply. Attached are the minimal .tex file and
> the .log files generated using his setup (10.5.4 + TeXLive 2007).
>
> I also typeset the .tex file using my setup, and strangely, the .log
> file (included below) is not entirely the same. I noticed that in my
> boss' case the bluesky fonts are loaded, but what's really going on is
> beyond my knowledge. Could that be the problem?
>
> He is the only user to his own laptop. We have not tried to create an
> user account yet.
>
> Thank you all for your kind help in advance.
>
> JT

Howdy,

1)I can print the supplied pdf with no problem on my system. This
sounds as though something else on his system is messing up the Font
Cache.

2)If I compile the supplied source file the log file is essentially
the same as the one supplied. There are small differences but I'm
using a slightly different TeX distribution. I used pdflatex.

An aside... why is he using $\bf R$ rather than $\mathbf{R}$?

The bluesky fonts are the standard CM type1 fonts so that isn't a
surprise.

This is really beginning to sound like either something else is
messing up the Font Cache (I think someone else mentioned some problem
with Word 2004 but I'm not sure) or something is messed up with the
printer driver. What printer is he using? CAn he try a different
printer?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)