[OS X TeX] Installing Lucida fonts under home folder

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Aug 6 07:45:40 CEST 2008

Le 5 août 08 à 23:32, Chris Goedde a écrit :

> So, there's one or two problems. The first is that (for reasons I
> don't understand, see my recent posts under the subject "Configuring
> man pages") my paths are screwed up, and the system isn't picking up
> the changes made in /etc/path.d and /etc/manpath.d. Does anyone have
> some insight on that? That's why updmap can't find kpsewhich. I'm
> not sure if that's the reason that updmap.cfg can't be found.

That is precisely the reason. kpsewhich isn't found by the shell, and
it's this commands which is used to find anything TeX-related
(formats, fonts, LaTeX packages, etc.).

You absolutely need to sort this problem out. Without PATH set
correctly, you'll never get a working TeX system.

What do you get with "echo $PATH" and "echo $MANPATH"? You should get
at least:

$ echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin
$ echo $MANPATH
/usr/share/man:/usr/local/share/man:/Library/TeX/
Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/Man:/usr/X11/manisin

Could you post the content of /etc/csh.login and /etc/profile? Are you
absolutely sure you've got no ~/.profile, ~/.bashrc, or any file of
the sort?

Did you by the way use (I don't remember the name) Setup Assistant or
whatever it's called which transfers automatically the content of your
former Mac to the Mac through a FireWire connection? That's known to
have created messed up system in the past.

Bruno Voisin