[OS X TeX] latex weird on leopard

epicurus at forallx.net epicurus at forallx.net
Wed Aug 6 00:15:03 CEST 2008

Hello,

I've just got a computer with Leopard.  For the life of me, I cannot get TexShop to automatically update when I use the terminal to typeset a .tex document.  This used to work in Panther and Tiger without fuss.

I have "Configure for external editor" and "Automatic Preview Update" selected in TeXShop's prefs.  I use vim as editor, and from within vim I call pdflatex.

What's new to me here is that in order to see my updated PDF, I have to Command-Tab to make Texshop active first; only THEN will it update my pdf.  If I just keep it on vim, I see nothing.  It didn't use to be that way.

Does anyone have an idea?

-Epicurus