[OS X TeX] Installing Lucida fonts under home folder

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Aug 5 22:38:44 CEST 2008

Am 05.08.2008 um 21:13 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> Le 5 août 08 à 20:54, Peter Dyballa a écrit :
>
>> If not, it might be first necessary to prepare your private setup:
>>
>> 	mkdir -p ~/.texlive2007/texmf-config/web2c
>> 	cp /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg
>> ~/.texlive2007/texmf-config/web2c
>>
>> Then you'll have privately enabled the same (set of) MAP files
>> fragments as your system, i.e., you'll be working with an exact
>> copy. Afterwards you can add your own private edition.
>
> Are you sure this is necessary? I thought that, when not finding
> stuff in the personal texmf trees ~/Library/texmf and
> ~/.texlive<year>, TeX and friends turned to /usr/local/texlive
> instead.

You're right: updmap follows a set of paths, takes what it finds
first and copies it to a temporary place where it works on the copy.
Then the working copy is copied to the proper place, which is in the
~/.texlive2007 tree. Missing directories are created. Everything from
the original file is preserved, particularly which LW35 option to use
and whether to download the "ubiquitous" 14 PDF fonts or not.

My two steps are not necessary (and I hopefully remember this when
TeX Live 2008 is released!).

--
Greetings

   Pete

Indentation?! I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!