[OS X TeX] Installing Lucida fonts under home folder

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Aug 5 21:13:54 CEST 2008

Le 5 août 08 à 20:54, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> If not, it might be first necessary to prepare your private setup:
>
> 	mkdir -p ~/.texlive2007/texmf-config/web2c
> 	cp /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg
> ~/.texlive2007/texmf-config/web2c
>
> Then you'll have privately enabled the same (set of) MAP files
> fragments as your system, i.e., you'll be working with an exact
> copy. Afterwards you can add your own private edition.

Are you sure this is necessary? I thought that, when not finding stuff
in the personal texmf trees ~/Library/texmf and ~/.texlive<year>, TeX
and friends turned to /usr/local/texlive instead.

Or more specifically about updmap.cfg:

- When running updmap-sys, if I'm not mistaken, /usr/local/texlive/
2008/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg is read as input and /usr/local/
texlive/2008/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg is returned as output.

- Similarly, when running updmap, I thought /usr/local/texlive/2008/
texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg was read as input and ~/.texlive<year>/
texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg was returned as output.

If that is so, then it would be unnecessary to copy first the
updmap.cfg in /usr/local/texlive/<year> to ~/.texlive<year>.

But, given I don't use personal setups myself (as opposed to system-
wide), it's very likely I've misunderstood something.

Bruno