[OS X TeX] segmentation fault / bus error with mpm

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Sun Aug 3 16:24:32 CEST 2008

Hi,
not getting any help in the MikTeX forum I get back to this list for
a question concerning MikTex package manager on Tiger.
I managed to compile and install mpm 2.7 on my Mac OS X Tiger system
by adding -single_module flag to
Libraries/3rd/7-Zip/CPP/7zip/Compress/LZMA/CMakeFiles/MiKTeX207-
lzma.dir/link.txt

I ran
initexmf -u
successfully.

sudo mpm --update-db
however gave me "segmentation fault" on my first 3 tries and after
opening a new shell window I now get "Bus Error".
I also get bus error after trying to install various packages, even
though the packages seem to get installed.
I am using gwTeX and set the default texmf tree for mpm to ~/
Libraries/texmf.

Any hints what is going on?
Cheers,

Alex