[OS X TeX] Announcement: The Birth of a new MacTeX website

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 23:07:02 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 4:58 AM,  <brian at pongonova.net> wrote:
  Please don't choose the
> easiest and most restrictive solution (banning registrations, etc.) in
> lieu of more proactive approaches.

I noticed that email validation is needed; I think it is pretty safe:
bots usually do not answer

> On a side note:  Does MediaWiki offer TeX/LaTeX rendering
> capabilities?  Even something a simple as correctly rendering TeX and
> its derivatives (i.e., http://nitens.org/taraborelli/texlogo) would
> indicated to outsiders that some thought was put into the selection of
> an appropriate wiki to support TeX and friends.  An added bonus would
> be the ability to post snippets of TeX/LaTeX source and have it
> rendered on-the-fly.

Look at

http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php?title=User:Victor_Ivrii

I was running some tests (over what is possible on this particular
wiki at this particular moment). PDFHandler was installed in between

Victor