[OS X TeX] Announcement: The Birth of a new MacTeX website

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Sat Aug 2 21:02:40 CEST 2008

On Aug 2, 2008, at 2:39 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD
> <joseph.slater at wright.edu> wrote:
>

>> You can look at the history of a page to see who did what and when.
>> I we
>> have to do much hunting, accounts will be by admin permission only.
>
> Go to "Recent Changes" on Sidebar to see what did what to every page
> Also, go to "Special Pages" (also on Sidebar) and then to "User List".
> Some names look a bit strange for me. However there is a more
> comprehensive way. Assuming that it is MySQL based ask server admin to
> install phpMyADmin and give you access. Then you will see their emails
> and other data.
>
> I am afraid that when the bots begin promote V**ra, Enlargement, C*s
> or whatever you will have too much work restoring pages from the
> history
>
> BTW, as Admin you can protect certain pages and delete certain
> portions of history.

Well, it is just an undo button click. Push come to shove, we can pull
up an archived version. RIght now there are probably 20 or so people I
expect to sign up, and I don't want to slow down anyone with energy
right now by not responding quickly enough. I'm watching every page
right now, getting an alert each time (text message to my cell!), so I
can lock down if I see a change I don't like. I'm not going to keep it
open for creating accounts for very long, though. Certainly not past
Friday.