[OS X TeX] Graphics in (pdf) TeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Apr 30 14:43:19 CEST 2008

On Apr 29, 2008, at 3:41 PM, Eric DÉTREZ wrote:

> Le 29 avr. 08 à 22:00, Louis S VanSlyck a écrit :
>
>> Recently downloaded mactex. It works fine--except:
>>
>> I'm trying to get  (pdf) TeX to find a file "Logo.pdf". It can be
>> found in the same folder with the subject file, but to make it
>> generally available I understood FAQ to say "create the string:
>>
>> texmf/tex/plain/Logo.pdf and put it in Macintosh_HD/Library"
>
> My english is poor so I could have misunderstood what you said.
>
> You have to create subdirectories :
> texmf in Macintosh_HD/Library
> tex in Macintosh_HD/Library/texmf/
> plain in Macintosh_HD/Library/texmf/tex
> and put your file Logo.pdf in the subdirectory plain

Howdy,

Assuming you have installed MacTeX or gwTeX the directory should be a
sub-directory of ~/Library/texmf/tex/ where ~ is your HOME directory;
i.e., NOT the Library directory at the root of your Hard Drive. Which
subdirectory depends upon your usage: for use by LaTeX alone put it in
~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/; for general use ~/Library/texmf/tex/
generic/.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)