[OS X TeX] Graphics in (pdf) TeX

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 22:34:09 CEST 2008

On Apr 29, 2008, at 3:00 PM, Louis S VanSlyck wrote:

> Recently downloaded mactex. It works fine--except:
>
> I'm trying to get  (pdf) TeX to find a file "Logo.pdf". It can be
> found in the same folder with the subject file, but to make it
> generally available I understood FAQ to say "create the string:
>
> texmf/tex/plain/Logo.pdf and put it in Macintosh_HD/Library"
>
> I did that but TeX still can not find the Logo. I checked all the
> spelling three times.

Are you TeXing or LaTeXing? I put stuff in temmf/tex/latex, and LaTeX
finds them. Maybe that's the problem? Or maybe it doesn't matter, I'm
not sure.

Also, I would recommend putting it under ~/Library rather than /
Library. (Put it in your personal library folder rather than the
system library folder.)

--
Chris